Second graders work toward the Wolf rank. The Wolf rank is earned by completing seven adventures as described below.
1. Complete each of the six required adventures:
- Call of the Wild
- Council Fire (Duty to Country)
- Duty to God Footsteps
- Howling at the Moon
- Paws on the Path
- Running With the Pack
2. In addition to the six required adventures, complete at least one elective adventure of your den’s or family’s choosing.
3. With your parent, guardian, or other caring adult, complete the exercises in the pamphlet entitled How to Protect Your Children From Child Abuse: A Parent’s Guide.
4. Earn the Cyber Chip award for your age. (The Cyber Chip portion of this requirement may be waived by your parent or guardian if you do not have access to the internet.)
The Wolf Cub Scout uniform has the following parts;
1. Shirt—The official blue uniform shirt is available with long or short sleeves and has button-flap pockets.
2. Pants(not required)— Shorts, long pants, skorts, and roll up pants all are in official blue.
3. Belt—Official navy-blue web belt with metal buckle.
4. Socks(not required)—Official socks are available in three lengths: ankle, crew, and knee. Wolf socks have a yellow band on the top.
5. Hat—Official hat either yellow or red front and Wolf emblem.
6. Neckerchief—Either yellow or red triangular neckerchief with Wolf logo. Official BSA neckerchiefs are the only neckerchiefs that are part of the uniform.
7. Neckerchief slide—Official gold-tone metal slide with red Wolf emblem. Cub Scouts may wear handmade neckerchief slides.