Outlaw Car Specifications
For those scouts who prefer to not be constrained by so many rules we have Outlaw races. Nonetheless, we still need some rules. The rules in this section apply to the OUTLAW class only.
1. All car designs will be non offensive and in good taste
2. All cars are to be newly built, previous year cars cannot be used
3. The race car may not be constructed or treated in such a way that the track's starting mechanism imparts momentum to the car.
4. Only dry powder lubricants such as graphite powder or white lube T102 type lubricants shall be allowed. Grease, oils, liquid or gel lubricates of any kind shall not be permitted. Cars will not be allowed to be lubricated after they have raced or between races.
5. The cars cannot exceed the following dimensions by more than 1/16 of an inch.
a. Width: 2 ¾ inches
b. Length: 7 inches
c. Ground Clearance: 3/8" (so the car will clear the center guide strip on the track)
d. Width between the wheels: 1-3/4" (so the car will clear the center guide strip on the track)
6. Starting devices, power assistance devices or rubber bands will not be permitted.
7. Cars must have four free spinning wheels.
8. Any type or size of weights may be used as long as they do not conflict with the above specifications. Weights must be secured to the car.
9. Any attachments can be used as long as they do not conflict with the above specifications. Attachments must be secured to the car.
10. Cars cannot be designed to cause interference with any other car during the race.
11. Cars cannot be designed with break-away wheels or any other parts.
12. Any and all cars are subject to being disqualified if the track officials believe the car creates a safety risk or poses a risk to the track and/or associated equipment.